Thursday 1 October 2009

Audience Feedback

For my audience feedback, i went to show my samples for my audio/visual, and my print peices and explain them to my targeted audience (teens. The feedback i got for my print peice was very helpful, and gave me new ideas and inspiration. It was strongly recommended that my print peice should look more mysterious, or give us hidden meanings that could give us more of an idea about what the film is about. The majority of the audience liked the fact that it is called ' oliver rose ', as it is a unique name for a horror/mystery film.

- more color could make it more eye appealing.
- if its an image of a child it needs to look creepy, becuase a creepy child to one person could be a funny looking one to everyone else.
- you could make the eyes red, as he is possessed by the devil.
- scribbly writing like a childs writing, as there is a child in the film.
- the cover could be a bit more gorey.
- its good because its in an old fashioned style, not many films these days are made like that.

For my audio/visual i will be making a trailer for a film called ' The Bleeding '. I told my ideas to each individual person for my feedback. I basically said that i'm going to make a trailer for a film called the bleeding which i named myself, its going to be set in a forest in lee brockhurst, and shot at dawn just before the sun rises so its all dark and misty. The plot is about a boy who gets lost in a forest and strange things start happening. I havent decided weather to use first person, or second person so i've left it for the audience to decide so it would help me make it a better peice for all, not just myself. Audience feedback are as follows :

- First person would be good, but holding the camera near the child as if you were actually there would be more effective as it would draw the audience into the film, making you feel part of it.
-If its set in a forest, after all the massacre and all that has been and done, you could show some scenery shots of just the trees in the mist covered in blood just to show how calm it is.
-It wouldnt be that effective all in first person, because the viewers wouldnt see the child and you couldnt use effective close ups, these are all important because the facial expressions can cause suspence and create an atmosphere.
-end the trailer with a scream, or something right at the end of the trailer that will make the audience remember it, and leave them with chills.
- start the trailer nice and calm, then cram in some suspenceful parts, and end the scene with something that will make the audience want to see the film.
-Black and white would be unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment